Sunday, June 13, 2004

Sleeping In My Own Bed

Just realized that I haven't slept in my own bed for five nights now. I hope it's as good as I remember!

Did some networking at the conference and came away with one potential job lead. It's something related to my current position, but in a different field i.e. it would be with a company that sells services to higher education. And there is a chance that an old friend and colleague might be joining this company soon, and if that's the case, then this is definitely a company for which I would want to work. The best part is that I could work from home even though the company is headquartered in Virginia.

Started drafting a cover letter for a local position I saw advertised in today's paper, but it just wasn't coming out, so I put it on hold. I think there are better positions for me, and I don't want to just start applying indiscriminately, even though this is a company that I think I would like to work for. Patience. You still have one year and seventeen days before you are unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment