Sunday, September 05, 2004

I Ache All Over

Catering is exhausting!

I helped a friend cater a party last night and I am whipped. Actually, if I think about it, I put in a full day's work - starting at 5:00 p.m. Preparing mushroom caps, taking the crudite and dip down the long stone path to the party tent, circulating with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, constantly refreshing the chips and crackers, and passing out napkins.

The food was fabulous but the most popular item? The pizza bagels and cocktail weenies that were intended for the kids. There were some pretty damn big kids swarming all over me when I tried to set that basket down on the kids table. Setting the food out was a mistake, but that's what our hostess told us to do even after we told her that the adults were finding frozen pigs in a blanket more tasty than shrimp, brie and pesto filled mushrooms, goat cheese filled eggplant, crab cakes (made by grandma with her secret recipe), chicken satay and bruschetta.

Yes, the frozen pigs in a blanket were irresistable.

No comments:

Post a Comment