Sunday, July 03, 2005

Out of Whack

My whole system is out of whack.

Blame it on the alcohol.

Ever since that wicked hangover in February, my tolerance for alcohol has been unpredictable. I can't drink nearly as much as I used to, and now when I overindulge I get the biggest goddamn hangovers. Yeah, I know. You gotta stop drinking.

But how could I not have a drink or two yesterday? I got up early, walked downtown for breakfast, went to the post office and the farmer's market, took care of a few things in the yard, and then went to the lake with Rich. Where we sat in the sun and drank for about six hours. By the time dinner was served, I wasn't hungry but I managed to eat some salmon, pork, sausage, pasta and bread. What a feast!

Then we went out on the boat to watch the fireworks from the water, and the headache started to set in. Rich was great - we just snuggled into our corner and kept each other warm. When we got back on shore, I made the mistake (?) of taking some ibuprofen, and sure enough, half an hour later, just a mile and a half from home, I had to ask Rich to pull over.

There's absolutely nothing sexy about puking on the side of the road.

But Rich was a trooper. Actually, I think he was just glad that I didn't puke in the car. Apparently he had a date do that to him about a year ago. He brought me home, literally tucked me into bed, and then he went home.

I may have to keep this one around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment