Friday, September 30, 2005

Warning Signs

Yesterday before I went to my consulting gig, I attempted to check my email and download some documents to my memory stick. I usually just leave my laptop on all the time, and after a period of time, the laptop just goes into low power mode. To bring it out, I just tap on the touch pad. When I tapped on the touch pad - nothing.

It freaked me out for a moment, because I had a problem with the screen just a year ago, and fortunately it was still under warrenty. I could just see my computer going on my now - resumes to be printed, research to be done and no laptop. Luckily it came back up when I rebooted. Same thing this morning. I don't know what I should do - shut down after each use? It just takes so freaking long to reboot, and I thought I was saving on the power switch by just leaving it on all the time.

All I know is I can't afford to be without a computer. I backed up the docs I needed. Still. Unsettling.

No comments:

Post a Comment