Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sick Day

I really thought I would be able to go to work after my doctor's appointment this morning. Turns out things were a bit more complicated than I realized.

The good news is that ultimately I underwent a different procedure and I think we'll get some conclusive results on this last round of tests. The bad news is that my blood pressure was through the roof. They wouldn't allow me to leave until they had secured an appointment with my primary care physician. Starting tomorrow, I will be on blood pressure medication.

I am officially old.

I didn't want to have to be on medication, but I've been screwing around with the blood pressure for two years now, and while it seemed to have come back down, it's up again and I certainly haven't done anything (like exercise) to bring it down. Maybe the meds are just what I need.

All I know is that I took one of those stupid "Real Age" tests the other day, and after saying that yes, I did have high blood pressure, my real age suddenly jumped several years. If going on the medication will keep me around a few years longer, then so be it.

But just to make myself feel better about the whole thing, I came home and booked another cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment