Thursday, June 01, 2006

Catching Up

I may have to change the name of this blog.

Going forward, I will not be blogging On Company Time. I won't even be checking my email on company time. All external mail sites are blocked. All email sent via the company system will be monitored.

That takes the fun out of everything.

But it makes for an incredibly productive worker. Think about how much Company Time I wasted previously. Hell, that's probably part of the reason my contract wasn't renewed - I was a slacker. But ultimately, it was a good thing. I didn't want to work there in the first place, so I'm glad they let me go.

The new job? I can't tell you how happy I am. It shows - I ran into my friend Amy when I was getting lunch, and she immediately said "I can see how much happier you are; this new job is a good thing for you." Oh yes, it's a good thing.

So, if I'm not blogging On Company Time, what on earth will I write about? I'll probably be able to share some tidbits with you, but I'm afraid I'll have to keep the really juicy stuff to myself. Because I signed all sorts of confidentiality agreements, and financial disclosures and etc and so on. I could tell you. But then I'd have to kill you.

Of course, I can always mock myself. It only took me five hours to figure out that the reason my fax wasn't going through to the compliance office was because I needed to dial a "1" before the area code. Duh.

But I did manage to clean up the management report and I put the chart in a table so that it was evenly spaced and easier to read. So I got that going for me. Tomorrow it's back to my roots - stuffing a 700 piece mailing by hand because the personalized letter absolutely, positively needs to match up with the mailing label. I'm ready!

File This Under:

No comments:

Post a Comment