Monday, June 12, 2006

Reflections

Since I can't post On Company Time I need to make use of the computer On My Time. The sink full of dirty dishes will just have to wait.

I had couple of conversations earlier this evening that have made me reflective ... does anyone remember Phil? I had many things to say about him two years ago, and lately - not so much. It's hard to believe that two years ago I thought of him as the love of my life (seriously, did I really say that? I guess I did.)

Phil called me with news this evening. Not only did he officially move in with the girlfriend, they went and bought a house together. When I immediately called and told Susan, she laughed out loud, as I knew she would. We agreed that it was a stupid thing for him to do, and then Susan asked if I was over him. Oh yes, I'm over him.

It's just really incredible the places I've been these last two years. Not geographically, but emotionally. I spent quite a bit of time mooning over Phil. Then I moved some of it to my other blog. Then Phil became my housemate. Then he started dating this other woman. Then, not so much about Phil. It was just an infatuation. A long, drawn-out infatuation, but an infatuation nonetheless.

I'd like to think that I've gotten my shit together, straightened up my act, that I'm on the straight and narrow - that I know what the hell I'm doing with my life - but even though I'm in a MUCH better place than I was two years ago, I still don't know where I'm headed.

The big difference? I'm okay with that. Life's too short - I'm just going to take it one day at a time and enjoy it. It doesn't get much better than that.


File This Under:

No comments:

Post a Comment