Friday, December 29, 2006

Various

1) I Knew It!

New guy started December 18, and since no one else stepped up, I invited him out to lunch on his first day. He asked how long I thought you had to stay in a job before you left. I predicted he wouldn't last six months. He only lasted two weeks (actually, eight days since we had Christmas and the day after as a holiday).

2) I really need a new tagline.

3) Score One For the Little Guy

Last fall I flew Independence Air to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding. I had originally booked the ticket, but then saw there was a big price reduction, so I rebooked and even after paying $25 rebooking fee, saved $95. Then Independence Air filed for bancruptcy. Just got a notice in the mail - there is a chance that I may actually get that $95 credit! I filled out the paperwork; we'll see.

4) Not Bad If I Do Say So Myself

I'm very pleased with myself for moving some money around in one of my retirement funds. It's grown 5% in the last quarter, and that's without any additional contributions. Granted, the market has been hot, but I think that my moving the funds around had something to do with it as well. And I have a meeting with a financial counselor coming up in January to address another account.

Still, I doubt I'll be retiring any time soon.

5) What A Crock!

I asked for, and received, a new crock pot for Christmas. The old one was too small. The new one? It's the difference between a Yugo and a Mercedes. If you have any to-die-for crock pot recipes, send them my way 'cause I'm a working girl and I ain't got time to slave over a hot stove.


File This Under:

No comments:

Post a Comment