Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wide Awake

Getting old sucks.

Ever since I moved back into the house, I've had problems sleeping. Ignoring the obvious fact that Rich is not by my side, I can't figure it out. Why did I wake up at 4:00 a.m.? And why was I not able to simply close my eyes and go back to sleep? It's not like I laid there staring at the clock. I closed my eyes. I inhaled and exhaled deeply. I was calm and relaxed. Sleep, she just did not come.

So up I got. Isn't that what they recommend? To just get up and do something? Fine. I've still got the dishes from Sunday that need to be done, especially if I'm going to be cooking dinner for Rich tonight. And videos that need to be collected and returned to the library. And rebate forms that need to be filled out and mailed in.

I am so going to need a nap by 2:00 p.m.

****************************************
Was going through my greeting card box the other day and was reminded that September is National Potato Month. In case you want to make note of it.
****************************************

Did I tell you about the UBND? He is now simply the BND. Yes, believe it or not, he got a job! Mostly for the benefits - you know, health insurance. Again, sucks getting old.

****************************************
I don't know whether I'll do it or not, but it seems that change is in the air. I'm thinking of going back to my roots - whatever they might be. How would I look with Hot Cocoa colored hair? Yes, blondes have more fun but I'm just tired of having to color my hair every month. I'm thinking of doing a darker rinse in, one that's supposed to be temporary/wash out, but which will be permanent if applied on top of my totalled stripped and bleached blonde hair.

Of course, if I don't like it, I can always go back to being blonde. I'll let you know ...
****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment