Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Lunch with the UBND

For the uninitiated among us, that's the Unemployed Boy Next Door.

While it's a bit on the chilly side here today, the sun is out and there isn't a cloud in the sky. A good day for a picnic in the park. The Boy packed his blanket and beer, we stopped at the deli along the way and shared a sandwich in the park. I needed the break.

One thing I'll say for the Boy, he knows how to listen. Sometimes you just need to rant and rave and say what's on your mind and just have someone listen. That's what I needed, and that's what I got.

Still on edge about all the uncertainties in my life - my job, my living arrangements, the status of my relationships. And yet - what am I complaining about? I've got clothes on my back, food on my table, family and friends just a stone's throw or a phone call away. What's wrong with that? Nothing. I've got lots to be grateful and thankful for, so instead of counting my perceived shortcomings, I'll try counting my blessings, thank you very much.

More on the UBND later - I know I left you hanging a few weeks back.

No comments:

Post a Comment