Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Thing About Turning 40

Had a call today from a customer service rep with whom I do business, and I figured it was as good a time as any to tell her that my tenure here at this fine institution was going to be coming to an end. She expressed sincere regret and asked me about my plans for the future. I told her it was a watershed year for me, what with turning 40 and all, and that I was going to take the summer off and think about life for a while.

She congratulated me and told me she had a good friend who once expressed frustration with folks that whine and complain about turning 40. She said that 40 was a great time to be a woman because by then you know what you don't want, you know what you do want, and best of all - you know how to get it!

Amen, sister.

Now, if I could just figure out the part about what I do and don't want ...

No comments:

Post a Comment