Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Feline Pleasures

I'd forgotten what it was like to live with a cat.

Do you know where this cat sleeps? Wherever the hell she wants! I've found her on the bed in the back room, on the sofa on the porch, in the closet, in the window, on the kitchen table - even in the bathroom sink! She totally rules the roost.

This morning, as I was getting ready for work, she jumped up on the bathroom countertop and there she stayed. When I was married and had a cat, he used to do that - just hang out with me in the bathroom while I dried my hair and put on my make-up. When I was done, I'd say, "Come on, let's go get something to eat!" and he'd hop off and race me down the stairs. Now I remember what I was missing.

But the litter box (and little pieces of litter all over the house because it sticks between her toes) and the waking me up at 5:00 in the morning? That I don't miss.

File This Under:

No comments:

Post a Comment