Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Recipe for Relief

The drugs are working.

Daily phone calls before the Aricept® and Zoloft®? As many as twenty.
Daily phone calls since Aricept® and Zoloft®? Tonight, just one.

I'm writing this on my laptop. Screen still busted, so hooked up to external monitor. Discovered that the PCMCIA slot also seems to be kaput, so really no sense whatsoever trying to fix the screen. If I can't use the slot to go wireless, it's just not worth it. Plus I'm realizing that the laptop has an annoying habit of cursor jumping. I'll be typing along and suddenly the cursor is four lines behind and in the middle of a sentence. I'm not touching the touchpad, I swear.

I re-downloaded iTunes last night. I'm just going to use the laptop for music and photo files. At this point, I don't have a back-up of the 4,000+ songs on the iPod, so I need to download everything from the iPod to the laptop. Since I just got home, a project for another day. But it's in the works.

Slowly but surely. Steady wins the race. Insert your own trite expression here.

Had a whopper of a headache yesterday and today. It started yesterday, and I left work early (as much so I could get to the grocery store as anything, but my head was really pounding). I'd taken well over 2,000 mg of ibuprofen throughout the course of the day, so I finally concluded that I'd missed the cut-off and I had me a full blown migraine. Came home and took the Imitrex. Rich stroked my hair and soothed my brow for a full hour while I waited for relief. I love this man!

Woke up at 4:00 a.m. with a piercing, stabbing pain in my temple. Took 1,200 mg of ibuprofen and went to work. Followed it with 600 mg more at 8:00 a.m. Can't remember if I took more at noon or not, but by early afternoon I started feeling better. Really could have used a quiet night at home, but I had a volunteer board meeting at 6:30 and since I was feeling better, I went.

Rich is fishing again, so I don't expect him until 10:00 or later. And yes, folks, he really is fishing. I mocked and made fun of them last week, but they were indeed fishing. And probably drinking and smoking too, but that's okay. I am totally cool with his having a night out with the boys. My girl's night out is coming up next week. Stay tuned for stories, and, if you're lucky, photos!

File This Under:

No comments:

Post a Comment