Monday, August 22, 2005

I Feel Fat

And is it any wonder? I've been sitting on my ass all month! First I was gone on the trip, and of course I used that as an excuse not to exercise - "I'm on vacation!" But I've been back from vacation for a week now, and the eating hasn't stopped. Of course, how could I turn down this Bishoku Moirawasa?

And going to Montreal with Susan didn't help, because with Susan, it's all about the food. She thinks that chocolate is a food group (see below). Of course, she also is extremely disciplined, so she can stop eating. Not me - we bought that box of Godiva chocolates and I could not rest until it was gone. "I could make it last a week," Susan bragged.

Oh yeah? Good for you. Give me that nouget crunch and I'll be happy.

Seriously, we had a nice getaway weekend. That is, until we tried to cross the border back into the good old U.S. of A. Those border patrol people could sure use a few lessons in organzation and crowd control. The lanes were poorly marked, and they had five lanes merging into three and then expanding back out into five again and the lanes curved and you couldn't see what the fuck was going on until it was too late and you were stuck in the goddam middle lane and folks on both sides of you were trying to jockey back and forth and it was just about enough to make you burst a vessle.

But I didn't. Of course, after that, I asked Susan to drive. We got home around 4:00 yesterday afternoon. Well, I was home (sort of) but Susan still had another hour's drive to get back to her place. And today I'm just procrastinating, once again.

As evidenced by this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment