Thursday, March 02, 2006

Oops! Did I Do That?

I doubt it, but there is a chance that I may have caused the server crashes last week.
 
See, I work in this open cube farm, and I can't play the radio.  It is so deadly quiet in here, and most of the time I don't even get a "bless you" when I sneeze.  Really friendly place I work in.  So I've been tuning in to my local radio station via the web.  Yesterday, as I was leaving, one of the owners was at the other end of the room doing some scanning and playing his iPod via a docking station.  I joked with him about keeping it down (he's always coming in and saying "you guys need a radio!") and my boss, who couldn't see that the docking station was in use, calls out "You're not streaming from the web, are you?  Because you know that takes up a lot of bandwidth and causes server crashes."
 
Um, it does?  Needless to say, I've been sans radio this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment