Monday, May 01, 2006

The Chicken or The Egg?

Do I do a bad job because I blog, or do I blog because I'm in a bad job?

I'm trying to focus and do my job, honest, I am. But I keep flipping over to email to see if I have any messages. I know that when I start my new job, I'm not going to be able to send/receive personal email, and I won't be able to do blog posts from work. Well, it's not that I can't, but I don't want to risk any emails or blog posts being read by my employer.

Not that there's anything wrong with what I have to say, but it will be seriously frowned upon to be sending personal email and writing blog posts at work. Imagine - a company that actually expects me to work On Company Time.

But I honestly think I'll be fine with that. Because I'll be doing meaningful work, and I'll be busy all day long. One of the reasons I email and blog so much from work is that I'm under utilized. I'm desperate for interaction, and not getting any here in the office, so I turn to the internet. I've been fighting the urge to email friends all day just to say "hi, how's it going" because I know they are at work and I don't want to be a bad influence.

Okay - got that off my chest. Time to go back to work; only 9 days, 1 hour and 57 minutes to go!

File This Under:

No comments:

Post a Comment