Monday, May 08, 2006

Practice Makes Perfect

There is a chance that I will, out of necessity, be co-habitating with The Man for a few weeks this summer. We gave ourselves a little trial run this past weekend, and it worked out well.

Sure, it's not as cozy as my house. Yes, it will mean a 40 minute commute to work. No, my cell phone doesn't work out there. Yes, he does have indoor plumbing but the only working shower is in the basement. No, he doesn't have a working oven either.

But it's quiet and peaceful and if you look just right when you roll over in the morning you can see the deer behind the house, and hear the geese calling to each other as they fly overhead. The futon on the front porch is just right for reading a book, and when you tire of that you can just close your eyes and take a nap. He has the clearest, coolest, best tasting water I've ever had. And I slept through the night.

It's going to be a great summer.

File This Under:

No comments:

Post a Comment