Friday, August 27, 2004

Audio Post Lost In Space Again

Okay, I'm totally not going to make any more audio posts from my cheapo pre-paid cell phone anymore. They always seem to get lost in space.

Last night I made an audio post at 1:40 a.m. Yes, that's a.m. I actually had slept fairly well Weds night thanks to the tea and honey and lemon and general care and concern (sometimes it pays to go diva once in a while) and yesterday I took the day off to attend a social event with the unemployed boy next door. I told him that I was feeling stuffy in the head and he gave me sudafed. And three hours later, he gave me another one. I thought "hey, it's been three hours, what can it hurt?"

Except now I'm starting to think he had given me what was supposed to be a 12 hour dose, and I took two of them within three hours. Went to bed at 10:30 and initially fell asleep but then I was awake at 11:15 ... and midnight ... and 1:00 ... and at 1:20 I got up. I just couldn't seem to go to sleep. I thought maybe it was the diet coke I'd had around 8:00, but looking back now, it must have been the sudafed. Made the audio post which is now lost in space and turned the television on with timer set to go off one hour later. Rifled through my stuff and found a few sleeping pills and took them. I remember being awake at 2:40 when the television turned itself off and then...nothing.

I woke up at 9:00 when I heard doors opening and closing downstairs. Good thing the plan was to take today off too, because otherwise I would have been seriously late for work! Took off on another weekend adventure with Trucklet and I do have internet access, so although I'd love to regale you with an audio post, you'll just have to make do with text posts for the next fews days.

No comments:

Post a Comment