Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Year In Review

Oh, the places I've been in the last year!

A year ago I was counting down the days until I could leave my job. I spent a week in Charleston with my mother, and the following weekend I took a quick day trip to Boston for my first ever blog meet with John Strain.

I was bold and adventurous on the eve of my 40th birthday, and I vowed that the celebration would last all year. And so it has ... last June I flew to New Orleans with a guy I'd just met ... in August it was San Diego where I did Blog Meet # 2 with Maria (if you're reading this, drop me a note!) and then just a few days later I found myself in the Baja Cantina enjoying dinner with Brian and Deb. Kenna does three Blog Dates in as many days!

Susan and I went to Montreal at the end of August ... I spent the weekend in the Hamptons with The Man ... the next thing I knew I was flying to Vegas for my sister's wedding and then - the QM2 for twelve wonderful days.

Oh, how I lived in 2005!

Things slowed down there for a while, but I think that I'm ultimately going to end my 40th birthday on a high note. I just came back from Boston where once again I wished John Strain well - by the time he reads this he will have completed the Boston Marathon. I'm still in awe of anyone who runs a marathon. This year I extended the trip, spent the night and was able to conduct Blog Meet # 5 - with Nita.

I just knew that she would be a kick, and she didn't disappoint. It felt like we'd known each other for years and we were quickly offering up way too much information, but hey - my 40th year is almost over and I've got to live it to the fullest. No time to waste with niceties. I have the most adorable photo of the two of us (thanks for snapping it Susan) which I would love to post (I have Nita's permission), but I'm still having computer issues here at home and no matter how many times I restart, the damn computer just doesn't recognize the camera. Tomorrow, I promise, when I go work I'll download the photo and post it.

And Nita? Girlfriend, you are so invited to my next party.

No comments:

Post a Comment