Tuesday, November 21, 2006

True Colors

Howdy! This is Ed from Whine & Cheese, your latest pinch-hitter while Kenna is on vacation from Fear Not.

This is only my second ever guest blogger experience. That first time, I blogged about how I got to know that blog and blogger... so I'll just stick with what works! (Or, on second thought, maybe it didn't... since that was my first and last time I did it!)

Anyhow, I've been blogging for over three years. Kenna was one of the my earliest blogroll additions. Truthfully, it's been so long I can't even remember who found who. Since my blog is a heavy dose of pop culture and particularly television, I wouldn't be surprised it it was the reality show Survivor that brought us together.

But, pretty much from the get-go I knew I liked Kenna.

Now, I know this is a bit silly. We have never met in-person, so I don't propose that I know her... any personal blog, mine included, is just one's intentionally or subconsciously version of one's self. But, if you've been blogging as long as we have, the truth eventually oozes out.

I have only met one blogger in person. It has worked out just fine and I am thankful for me now "real world" friend. But, time and again, I have stumbled across a "normal" blogger... perhaps a future real-worlder... only to have my initial impressions shattered merely by just hanging around for a while.

For example, a "shall remain nameless" blogger who has a big circle of real-life friends and is undeniably adored by the blogosphere... but alas can not find love. Well, perhaps future suitors have checked out his blog... incessantly whiny and miserable, closed-minded (though purporting to be just the opposite), and painfully insecure. Heck, I can even play armchair psychologist and realize 87% of his posts are just aimed at getting positive reinforcement via a gaggle of loyal commenters.

This "truth" discovery has happened over and over... I am surprised I have anyone left on my blogroll (at this point, I should add the aforementioned "example" blogger is not on mine)!

But Kenna has bucked the trend... though she may disagree... for me, she been the rare instance of a blogger who has remained pretty darn sane (a least in my book) over the years!

Again, we have never met... but if geography allowed, I could see us meeting up with her for drinks... or even attending one of her parties. I don't know if that'll ever happen, but it's just nice to think that it could... in this often strange 'lil cyber-haystack, it's nice to have stumbled across a friend-worthy needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment