Monday, July 25, 2005

Unemployment: Day Sixteen

Okay, so I'm feeling a bit better today.

Had an early meeting and came home and promptly knocked off the four follow-up items on my list. Did a few other things and then went to the gym and worked out for an hour. Am procrastinating for a few minutes here before I try to finally finish the last lingering details related to my position as treasurer for a statewide organization.

I almost don't want to mention it, because I try to keep the really personal details of my life in the infamous other blog, but part of the reason I'm feeling better is because after creating that whiney post yesterday, I spent the afternoon with this man. I've been seeing Rich for about a month now, and I think he likes me, he really likes me. Who knows what will come of it, but for now I'm just going to go with the "it's so great knowing that there is someone who enjoys being with me and who is excited to see me" feeling.

Kinda like having a dog. Except he feeds me and I don't have to take him for a walk or let him out to pee in the middle of the night.

2:14 p.m. NEWSFLASH!

My sister is getting married. Finally. Her significant other actually proposed in February, but she hadn't told anyone about it, and they hadn't made any plans. I guess my brother-in-law to be had had enough, because when they went to Cleveland over the weekend to see the Indians play, he proposed in a big way.

The mascot came with a dozen roses and there was a camera crew there to post it on the jumbotron. He gave her a ring and everything and my brother and sister-in-law were with them to capture the moment. How incredibly romantic.

It should be. He's only had 20 years to plan this.

No comments:

Post a Comment