Thursday, November 17, 2005

Hope

Well, things are looking up. A little.

In the last few days we managed to secure another $1,000 in sponsorships for this fundraiser. And I've been fairly successful in the follow-up calls I've made today. No firm commitments, but no hang-ups either. Spoke to the president of one of the local banks, and he promised he would get back to me next Wednesday.

So.

I tried calling a few old friends this afternoon but couldn't get through. I think I'm going to go to the Chamber mixer tonight - so I can say, yes, I'm a member, and I work for this company! Yeah, it's just an excuse to get out of the house and have a drink.

Another upside of going back to work? My employer will be responsible for keeping me warm from 8:00 - 5:00 and I can set back my thermostat during the day and save on heating costs. Not that I'm not doing that already ... it's just now I won't be sitting in the cold by this time of day.

Time for another cup of tea - not that I'm drinking it, I'm just holding it to keep my hands warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment