Sunday, November 20, 2005

Look At The Bright Side

At least my computer crapped out before I went on the cruise.

Spent several hours hooked up to an external monitor today, and I think the built-in monitor is fried - again. If you recall, this POS burned out on me about a year and a half ago and it was still under warrenty, so Dell replaced the screen. And now it's gone.

I can work on it as long as I have an external monitor, but I'm not about to lug that with me on vacation. I already made plans to borrow my mother's camera memory card, so I'll be able to take lots of pictures, but unless I go out and buy a new laptop (which I just might do - I was thinking about getting a new one soon anyway) I won't be able to post my vacation photos until after I return. Which sucks - I really want to be able to post photos.

I suppose I could try to take this to the Geek Squad, but honestly, if The Man and I couldn't fix it after fiddling around with it this afternoon, I don't think it's fixable. Last final step is to back up all my data (photo files take up a LOT of space, I hope I have enough zip disks to get them on backed-up) and then wipe the hard drive - just in case it really is a software conflict issue.

I think John's right - the puppy peed in my 'puter.

No comments:

Post a Comment