Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sunshine Makes Me Smile

And right now I've got a huge grin on my face.

Looks like it's going to be a glorious weekend here in my corner of the great Northeast, and I intend to enjoy it. Yesterday was fairly productive. Made a number of follow-up calls for this fund raiser that I'm chairing (this is the LAST. ONE. - I swear) and then ended the day having a great dinner with The Man.

On today's agenda - leaf raking, fence post digging and hydrangea mulching. Honestly, if I just get those three things done, I should pat myself on the back and congratulate myself on a job well done. But just in case I have the urge to be an over Achiever, I'll add article writing, photo ordering, photo sending (it's been too long since Deb has had a package photo post), and press release writing.

Why am I writing a press release, you ask? Oh, just so I can tell the world that I GOT A JOB! Of course I did it all back asswards. I took a huge pay cut. I'm going to be working 40 hours a week instead of 37.5 or 35 hours/week like my jobs in academe. I'm going to have to commute in my car. I probably will be living paycheck to paycheck.

But it's not a development job. And I'll be learning something new. And there are no nights or weekends or travel involved. I'm going to be a freakin' internet marketing coordinator. How cool is that? I start Dec 12 - after my 12 day cruise on the Queen Mary 2. In my upgraded balcony room. Spending my $400 rebate because the cruise line actually reduced their prices. Sipping pina coladas with my faithful sidekick Susan.

Seriously? It doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment