Tuesday, November 22, 2005

November Settles In

Cold. Raw. Rainy. It's November in the northeast. Brr.

Have done a fair amount of running around today. Last minute shopping for the cruise and a trip to the grocery store. I think I was ahead of the rush there. Still trying to wrap up loose ends for theis fund raiser before I go. Received good news from a second bank today - they are throwing $500 our way. The news wasn't as good from the local financial services firm - they took a pass. Still waiting to hear from the local Honda dealer, and I have a few more follow-up calls to local deep pocket individuals. And I never heard back from the local builder - I'm not surprised. Guess I'll just have to call again tomorrow.

In four days I will be aboard the Queen Mary 2. Yippee! I'm still having computer issues. I'm hooked up to an external monitor now, backing up my files. My brother is going to send up an 'extra' laptop from his company with my parents tomorrow, so I'll be downloading photos to that and doing posts (with photos!) as planned.

I just want to get there. Twelve days of warmth and bliss. And outstanding food lavishly prepared by someone else. I'll be so spoiled when I return.

I hope I don't break down and cry the day I have to go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment