Monday, November 14, 2005

Let the Decorating Begin

I love decorating for Christmas, but I'm conscious of decorating too early.

Of course, never before Halloween. And even if you put decorations up, you never turn on the lights before Thanksgiving. So when is it okay to begin decorating?

Now.

Over the weekend I saw several houses that had icicle lights up and on. And at least one of those giant lighted Santas. So yesterday I dragged out my exterior garland and hung it on the porch. Of course the lights don't work, so I'll need to buy new strands - again. But that's okay because I can't turn the lights on until after Thanksgiving anyway, right? Still, it looks like today is going to be above average temps again, so I think I'll see if I can get the lights and string them today because it's hard to do when it's cold outside.

I would put up the interior garland too, but I'm going to have to wait on that because my parents are coming for Thanksgiving and they are bringing their two dogs, and I'm sure that the puppy won't be able to resist jumping and biting and pulling them down.

I've already started my online shopping, and I'm going to the outlets with Mary and Susan on Friday, so I'm not too worried about the stress of the holiday season. Next task - getting those photo Christmas cards ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment