Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Happy Blogiversary To Me

My first post was two years ago today. Wow. I think it was a Saturday, and I spent most of the day sitting on the couch with my laptop testing things out. After that, I was hooked.

I feel like I've been neglecting my blog lately - not as many posts, not as many comments (given or received) and not as much time reading other blogs. Could it be I actually went out and got myself a life?

No, that's not a good way to phrase it - saying that is implying that those who blog regularly don't have a life, and that's simply not true. I'm fascinated by the lives led by fellow bloggers.

I've even gone so far as to insert myself into other bloggers lives - "hey John, how about I drop in and visit you when you are in Boston?" and "Debbie - that's so cool you moved to California; now I can meet you and Brian when I pass through LA." I've invited Jenica to my parties (one of these days, we'll connect!) and now Nita and Dan are my latest targets whenever I'm headed east (too bad we didn't connect this past weekend, but I'm thinking about coming your way in April when John runs in the Boston Marathon again).

And there are others - if geography allowed, I'd pop in on Sally and Sue and the Contentious Chic. And the other Dan, of course.

But the person I look forward to meeting the most? I'm not sure who he or she is, or when we'll meet, or where. All I know is that this blog has taken me places I've never been before, and I never want this journey to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment