Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One Thing

I've decided to do one thing for myself.
 
Each day, I'll do one thing - Sweet Jesus!  How did I get 401 spam messages?  Sorry about the interruption; I just happened to see the counter on my spam box.  And gmail automatically deletes messages more than 30 days old, so this is just what I've gotten in the last month.  Great ...
 
Anyway, as I was saying - each day I'm going to do one thing for myself.  I have this never-ending list of things that I want to do/need to be done (sometimes I can't figure out which they are; sometimes they move and change; sometimes it's both) and it's overwhelming to consider it all, so I'm going to take it one thing at a time.
 
Last night, my one thing was to take down my Christmas tree.  (Not a single friggin' word!)  I'm happy to report that I managed to get that done, and for a bonus, I vacuumed up the stray 'needles' AND cleaned up the hole punch holes that have been on the floor in the back bedroom for at least a month, if not two or three.
 
The one thing I'm going to do for myself today - go to the gym.  Now that I've said that, I've got to do it!  And if I feel like it/have time, I'll stop at the grocery store and pick up a roast to cook for The Man on Thursday.  Okay, that's not really for me, but I do enjoy cooking for him, and of course I'll get to partake in the meal as well, so ...
 
One thing.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment