Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Mouse In The House

Turns out my new employer has a very progressive attitude towards pets in the workplace.

I have a mouse living in my desk.

Oh, I haven't seen him, just the clues he leaves behind, if you catch my drift. I leave peanut butter crackers in my drawer one time, and this is what I get. As long as I don't see the little bugger, we can co-exist.

So it's Wednesday, and you know what that means - time for Scooterdeb's Wednesday Wreck of the Week. Turns out she has lots to choose from today. On this morning's news I saw video of an out of control police car crashing into a tree AND footage of a car plowing into three pedestrians (a mother and two children) - all in sunny Southern California. Must be the sun got in their eyes.

We're having a heat wave here in upstate New York. Temperatures may actually climb into the 50s by the end of the week. Good thing - gas prices continue to climb and I don't even want to think about my next heating bill.

Being back at work has some benefits - I listen to the news as I'm getting ready for work, so I have a better sense of what is going on in the world. I occasionally read the Wall Street Journal while I'm eating lunch in the staff room. I get a daily update from the New York Times so I'm aware of recent literary scandals involving contemporary authors who've been outed for embellishing their 'memoirs' and now that I've set up my Google home page, I occasionally listen to whatever NPR sound bite is being offered for the day.

I hear that People magazine is reporting that Angelina Jolie is pregnant with Brad Pitt's child. It just so happens that today's quote on my "Wild Words from Wild Women" calendar is from that "mouthy movie actress" -

"When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers I kind of wanted to be a vampire."

Sucks to be Angelina Jolie, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment