Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Doritos for Dinner

Yeah, I had a bag of Doritos for dinner last night.

But I don't think that's what gave me the migraine this morning. I think the migraine came from being away over the weekend, coming back, having to mow the lawn, rushing off to a last-minute barbeque, not sleeping Monday night, and then moving all my shit yesterday. And, oh yeah, being unemployed.

My life and my home may be a mess, but I still knew where to find the Imitrex. Good thing I had the prescription refilled before losing my health insurance.

On another note, now that I'm watching the news again, I've noticed that the morning traffic reporter now says "we'll update you again in 30 minutes, or as the situation warrants." Is this a new thing? Is this basic cover your ass reporting?

"Yes, we'll update you every thirty minutes, but if there is breaking news we'll tell you right away because we don't want to be accused of not informing and preparing you in case of an emergency."

Sigh. Life in post 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina society.

No comments:

Post a Comment