Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I Can't Sleep

As evidenced by the time stamp on this post.

Have been tossing and turning for the last two hours and finally decided to just get up and do something. I have been away since last Thursday and I just got home yesterday afternoon. I feel like I've been disconnected from myself; maybe this will help me bring myself up to date.

The situation in the Gulf Coast has been on my mind a lot, and I shared John's and Matt's blogs with my parents so they could get first hand accounts of what is happening down there. They know that I have a blog, but I've never shared it with them. There is a very good chance that my mother will find this as she goes through John's blogroll.

There's nothing here that I'm ashamed of, and not much that my friends and family don't know. But I have written under a pseudonym for a reason (although I'm not sure I can articulate that reason here and now, especially since I recently let my good friend Susan in on the 'secret') and I hope that when and if my mother does find this blog, that she lets me know. Just tell me that you found it, Mom, and if you do comment, please don't do it anonymously. Sign your comments "Kenna's Mom" okay? If you want, I'll even help you get a gravatar.

On to other news ... my sister has decided to get married in Vegas at the end of October. Remember that white party dress I bought when I was on the west coast? Well, there is a good chance she may borrow that for the ceremony. I'll be there to witness the event - look forward to those photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment