Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Note to QUITBUTS: Quit Flossing

I've mentioned before that I like to make note of clever license plates.

This morning, on my way to work, I came up on a car that had a plate reading QUITBUTS. "How clever," I thought. I had a smile on my face until I pulled along side the car and noticed that the driver was FLOSSING HER TEETH.

I think that's the most outrageous thing I've ever seen. I'm bothered enough by people who talk on their phones, and I know that lots of women try to apply their makeup when they are driving (I even once saw a woman using an eyelash curler), but flossing your teeth? Totally over the top.

So here I am in the office, blogging On Company Time. I'm the only one here - everyone else is at some big meeting at the cross town office. It's going to take some time to adjust going back to work. I'm constantly tired - and I'm not even working full time! Of course, there is a 40 minute commute each way, and traffic (and drivers flossing their teeth) to be dealt with, so that is certainly more stressful than my previous 10 minute stroll to the office.

I know have three potential employers who are officially attending my job fair on Friday. I'm trying to prepare for that too, so that's another reason why I'm feeling tired and stressed - just not enough hours in the day to properly plan a party when you have to work. I did some shopping yesterday and will be making another stop at the grocery store on my way home today, so I should be set with supplies. Now I just need to pull it all together.

I need to find the time to:

1) fix the toilet paper holder in the bathroom (tonight)
2) prepare the hot crab spread/dip (Thurs night)
3) prepare the artichoke dip (Thurs night)
4) marinate the shrimp (tonight or tomorrow night)
5) prepare the scallops wrapped in bacon (Friday morning)
6) print out copies of my resume (tonight?)
7) make a job fair sign to hang out front (tonight?)
8) blow up the balloons (Friday afternoon)
9) mow the lawn (Friday before I take a shower)
10) set up the charcoal grill (Friday before I take a shower)
11) make ice (hell, I can do that in my sleep!)
12) set up the glasses and booze (Friday)

Yeah, I think I have it under control. Except that doesn't account for anything not related to the party like setting up a committee meeting, sending sponsorship letters, and doing more internet research for the doggie bandana company. Last night when I talked to Rich on the phone he told me I think too much and that I needed to just turn off my brain. Wish I could.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment