Friday, December 03, 2004

I Don't Think So, Honey

I did a little shopping on my lunch hour and picked up this really cute little makeup tote at CVS. Since moving from my usual bedroom into the downstairs suite, I lost significant bathroom drawer space and I've been looking for something in which to store my cosmetics. There was this adorable little makeup tote - you unclasp the latch and the lid lifts and the bottom two drawers slide out. It's a faux red leather box. Perfect. Filled with cheap-o makeup that I probably won't even use, but I would have purchased it at that price ($19.99) even without the cosmetics.

So I thought I'd try to be nice to the one who is engaged, and I motioned for her to come in and admire my new purchase. I knew that she would find it adorable, because, well, it is. She "oohed" and "ahhed" appropriately and then tried to change the subject.

"So, Kenna, tell me - what's going on; why are you leaving?"

I don't think so. I'm not about to discuss the details of my employment with you, honey. I told her I really didn't want to talk about it right now, and that was the end of that. And then I gave her the two crap-o lip gloss duos and sent her on her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment