Sunday, December 05, 2004

Uh-Oh ...

Have been trading increasingly intimate emails with Larry # 2 and this morning in an apparent afterthought he asks:

"PS: Just a question.....I don't know why I feel compelled to ask but....Our emails are not shared on my part....You don't allow anyone to read mind do you?"

Uh-oh. I don't think he knows about this blog (I am using an assumed name) but just to be on the safe side, to protect his privacy and mine, there were be no more posts like this. I owe him that much.

It brings to mind the question we all struggle with on a daily basis - what to share? How much is too much? Would I want my correspondence posted in such a public way? This is why I have so much respect for folks we use their real names and who invite their family and friends to read along. They know that they will be called on whatever they post, and so it forces them to think things through and ask "do I really want to put this out there for the whole world to read?"

I honestly don't think Larry knows about this blog, but if he does, I apologize for sharing what you considered to be a personal and private note, and I won't do it again.

P.S. Going forward, it's just going to be Larry - since Larry # 1 kind of dropped of the face of the earth (actually, I did hear from him after sending him Thanksgiving greetings and he's just been crazy-busy on the road with his job) there's no need to differentiate between the two of them anymore. Now I just need a Darryl - oh wait, that was the other way around - one Larry and two Darryls.

No comments:

Post a Comment