Thursday, January 13, 2005

Fast Car

Just heard that song by Tracy Chapman on the radio. I've always loved the sound of her voice.

I can't even really express what I think/feel when I hear this particular song. You know how some songs are touch stones for you - they evoke memories of certain time or phase in your life? I've just always liked that song ... the mixture of hope and despair all at the same time.

.....

Anyplace is better
Starting from zero got nothing to lose
Maybe we'll make something
But me myself I got nothing to prove

.....

I remember we were driving driving in your car
The speed so fast I felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder
And I had a feeling that I belonged
And I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone

.....

You got a fast car
But is it fast enough so you can fly away
You gotta make a decision
You leave tonight or live and die this way

No comments:

Post a Comment