Friday, January 21, 2005

TOTH

That's Amanda-speak for "Thump On The Head" and that's just what I got last night.

I put in my 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer and another 20 minutes down in the weight room and I was all hot and sweaty and smelly and ready to go home. I bent down to tie my boots and when I stood up - WHAM! I hit the bottom of an open locker door so hard that I knocked it off the hinges.

Luckily, I'm pretty hard headed and I must have hit that sucker just right because I didn't even break the skin - no blood. The gym staff was pretty quick to come to my aid (there was a woman in the locker room who alerted them to the accident - if I'd been alone I'm not sure I would have even said anything) and quickly gave me an ice pack. And wrote out an accident report. As they cautioned me about driving and urged me to go to the emergency room if I felt dizzy or had blurred vision or felt nauseous, it did occur to me that I had just whacked myself pretty good.

Went home and dutifully called the gym to let them know that I'd arrived home safely, iced my head and took some ibuprofen. I really don't even have much of a bump - I only noticed it when I stood against the wall - it's right where the back of my head touches.

I'm tired, but I'm not going to let that stop me from going out to dinner with Larry tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment