Friday, January 28, 2005

It Just Keeps Getting Better

Life is swirling around me.

So ... my dinner date with Michael. I have a feeling you haven't heard the end of this drama. He apologized for running out on me last Saturday. He doesn't want to lose my friendship. He swears that he can handle casually dating me. I just kept reminding him that actions speak louder than words. We'll wait and see.

He dropped me off after dinner and I immediately changed my clothes and went back out into the cold. I'm co-hosting a party on Feb 11 at a local restaurant, and the owner invited me to stop by for his Latin jazz night.

When I arrived the owner told me to go chat with a woman at the end of the bar. "She's waiting for friends; keep her company." Sure - I was by myself and didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb either. So we start chatting and it turns out she was waiting for her co-workers. She works at a company that I'd like to work for ... when the co-workers arrived, she introduced me to the owner ... who just so happens to live on my street. I have no idea what will come of it, if anything, but I fully intend on sending my resume next week.

And then, as I was getting ready to leave, a man walked in. Someone who I know I've seen downtown frequently. So I went up to him and asked his name. There was a reason he looked familiar. He's an artist of some renown who I saw speak at a function years ago. He also happens to have grown up in the area where I grew up - we went to the same high school! And get this - he's now divorced.

I promptly invited him to the Feb 11 party.

No comments:

Post a Comment