Sunday, January 02, 2005

"Let The Game Come To You"

That's what Michael told me the other night.

He was the assistant coach of a low-level Division III basketball team for a few years, and he told me that sometimes when the players were trying too hard, he'd tell them "Let the game come to you." (I'm sure FashionHound will appreciate the analogy.)

As I may have mentioned, Michael has been out of circulation for a long time. He was married and even though he's been separated for seven years, he hasn't gone out much. He said he was just looking to get to know and spend some time with someone, and apparently I was his first foray into the dating world. And here I am, looking to set land-speed records in the dating world. So he basically told me to settle down, not be in a rush - let the game come to me.

Well, after sending him a follow-up email Thursday night, and calling to leave a New Year's greeting on his cell phone, I haven't heard "boo" from Michael.

Larry, on the other hand, returned my New Year's call at nearly the stroke of midnight (totally unexpected) and suggested he would touch base with me on New Year's Day. Which he did. I went over to his place after dinner for a few hours, and then he came back over here to spend the night with me.

Game on. Too bad for Michael it's not with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment