Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Still In The Game

Well, you already knew that I was a little impatient.

Turns out if I'd waited just a few hours longer on Sunday, I would have heard from Michael. We were playing the same game. He was waiting to hear from me and I was waiting to hear from him. He blinked first.

He sent me an email message to which I responded, and then yesterday I got a really great reply that prompted me to pick up the phone and call him. We had a nice chat and we're going to get together this weekend. He said he was free Friday night and Saturday, and I tried to get him to agree to Friday, but I think he would prefer that I come over to his place on Saturday. He may even try to score both evenings - call me at the last minute on Friday saying "since I'm in town" and then still get me over to his lair on Saturday. At least, that's what I would do!

And now it's Larry who is MIA. We had that lovely sleepover on Saturday and he slipped out of the house shortly after dawn on Sunday. I sent him a message late Sunday evening, something that he would have first thing Monday morning since we'd sort of gotta into that groove - he enjoyed checking his email first thing in the morning and seeing a message from me. To date - no response. I'm not going to take it personally - he has a lot of things going on what with preparing for an impending move to Texas.

I've been trying to focus here at work, but I'm not having much luck. There are several different projects sitting here on my desk, but no real urgency to any of them. So there they sit. And here I sit - blogging On Company Time.

It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment