Thursday, June 24, 2004

Faux Pas

We had a division wide meeting across town this morning, so I drove and picked up my friend MC who also usually walks to work. We were sitting and chatting before the meeting began and she made a comment about someone else's shoes and before you know it, we were talking about how inappropriate open toed shoes were in the work place and then we started getting specific and naming names and it was so nice to be with someone who sees things the way I do.

MC got up to refill her coffee and when she came back she leaned in and asked "Did you see who is standing next to you?" It was the one who just got engaged and about whom I had made a specific reference.

Open mouth. Insert foot.

I don't know whether or not she overheard our conversation because we weren't SHOUTING the way she normally does, but I've decided that even if she did, I don't care.

Because I'm right and her shoes are inappropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment