Monday, September 27, 2004

Living In A Fantasy World

Reality bites. I much prefer my fantasy world.

The one where the man I love would notice that I look especially ravishing today and say, "Mmmm, you look especially ravishing today." And then he ravishes me.
The one where I don't have to work for a living.
The one where it's easy to lose that extra ten pounds.
The one where it's 70 degrees and sunny all the time.
The one where I'm not disappointed in myself, my life.
The one where my friends don't have to worry about their health.
The one where I know what I want to do with my life.
The one where I make money by sitting here in front of the keyboard pounding out my thoughts and introspections.

Yeah, well, reality check girlfriend. Actually, I'm not that depressed.

Because the sun is shining and it will be close to 70 degrees today.
Because I live in a cute little cottage and I can walk to work.
Because I have fantastic friends who support me even when I make stupid decisions.
Because I have parents who love me and who have been married for over 40 years.
Because I have money in the bank and I don't need to worry about where my next meal is coming from.

Okay, so the complaint list is longer than the thankful list, but hey, it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment