Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Weekend Wrap-Up

I mentioned how tired I was after catering on Sat night, but I didn't mention the Friday and Sunday parties, so here goes.

Friday I was invited to a "Married With Singles" mixer and I went even though I knew that the only person I would know was Ken and that we were not interested in each other whatsoever. Turns out I knew one of the couples there, and I chatted with another guy who might be a good contact person as I try to find a new job. I also met Doug, and we are going out to dinner next week to get better acquainted. Some of the other singles took it upon themselves to take names and email addresses, and I just got an email asking whether I might be interested in getting together as a group in early October. Turns out they are looking at the date that I plan on having my party, so I invited them all to come. What the hell - the more the merrier. And it's not like I haven't invited strangers to my party before!

On Sunday I slept in a little and then went to Wal-Mart and bought 20 bags of mulch and 200 pounds of top soil. Yes, now that I'm back in the house I've got to pay attention to the yard work. As I was heading home I saw my friend Richard on the road and I was surprised because I thought he had planned on being out of town this weekend. So I called and invited him to come with Susan and I to the BBQ at Mary's place. I left a message saying I wouldn't accept any excuses, but I thought he would blow me off nonetheless. Imagine my surprise when he showed up! Had a lovely evening taste testing martinis and was home in bed by 10:30 or so.

I didn't think the martinis had affected me, but I was a little fuzzy on Monday morning. I dragged myself out of bed and to the gym. Felt marginally better afterwards. The plan was to do some yard work, but I really didn't feel like it and then John called and asked me to lunch. I've been avoiding him for months, and so I relented. We had a nice lunch, and then I spent the next two hours explaining to him that although he thinks I'm the right woman for him, he's not the right man for me. I think he understands, but it's just easier if I don't see him because every time I let him back into my life, he keeps asking for more.

So. Back on company time. Did a few things this morning. Now I'm just wasting time until my lunch date shows up. I could use a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment