Wednesday, September 22, 2004

The Score

Kenna: 2
Mouse: 3 or 4

Trap #1 was unsprung and the peanut butter was half eaten. Trap #2 was nowhere to be found. It must have sprung and caught part of the mouse and s/he limped off with the trap still attached. I didn't have time to start moving boxes to look for it. And if it was still alive ... leaving it there all day ... well, let's hope it's not alive when I search the basement tonight.

Phil recommends buying a bunch of these cheapo traps and just throwing them away mouse and all instead of removing and rebaiting. Sounds like a plan to me.

In other news ... did I tell you that yesterday the director of HR stopped in for "two seconds" and offered to assist me in my job search? After all, that is his job and he wanted to offer me his 25 years of expertise. Is it just me, or was this a not-so-subtle kick in the ass? "Let me help you find a new job so we can move on ..."

I understand the perspective, but let's call a spade a spade, okay? Don't come to me with an offer of assistance - if you want me to leave sooner rather than later, fine, but what's in it for me? Offer me a buyout, and I'm gone.

And to make matters worse, my ally in the HR office, the one person who I do trust to tell it to me like it is, just got a new job (with a $12,000 increase!!) - and I served as a reference for him. He says he'll keep his eyes open for me, and since he'll be working for central administration rather than here on one of the campuses, at least I can still keep in touch and he can tell me when they are trying to blow smoke up my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment