Friday, February 25, 2005

Euthanasia?

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

When I was a senior in high school I took an English class where during one marking period, all we did was work on a research paper. My topic was euthanasia. Back then, it was all about Karen Ann Quinlan. A few years after I wrote that paper, my 16 year old cousin came back from overseas and very suddenly and rapidly her health deteriorated and she fell into a coma. They really never were sure what happened, but it was some sort of infection where her brain swelled.

She 'lived' that way for over 20 years. Last spring, she finally passed away.

I take it back. I do know how I feel about this. I think they should remove the tubes and machines and let her go.

********************
On another note ... as I was googling 'euthanasia' and trying to remember Karen Ann Quinlan's name, I came across this site. Are they for real?!? Some really strange stuff going on in Somerville MA ... I much prefer The Somerville Gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment