Sunday, February 20, 2005

Harder Than It Has To Be

Why do I make things harder than they have to be?

All I needed to do was take down the last of the Christmas decorations, the lighted garlands around my windows and running down the steps. Simple, right? Not in this house. I had to bring up the Rubbermaid totes that I store things in. The totes were covered in dust from being in the old dirt part of the basement all last year. I had to rinse them off, didn't I? And then, after I'd carefully removed the last of the decorations and stowed the garlands in the totes, when I went to put them back where they belonged, I couldn't just put them in the corner, could I?

No, I had to get out the broom and try to sweep up some of the dust. I don't know where it comes from, but it's this fine dust that immediately swirls in the air and creates a choking cloud. I literally can see it on my clothes.

I still haven't finished putting things away.

No comments:

Post a Comment