Sunday, March 06, 2005

0-6

Can you believe it?

Went to see "Million Dollar Baby" with Susan last night and while we were waiting for a table at the restaurant, we wandered to the drugstore next door where I purchased a 20 oz bottle of Diet Pepsi. Once again, I picked a loser. The odds are 1 in 3 that you'll win - I've now lost six in a row. Don't even bother asking how I did in Friday night's MegaMillions lottery drawing. Brian, the singing lessons will have to wait.

So about that movie ... I really enjoyed it, and not having seen the other Oscar nominated movies in which lead actresses were nominated, I'd have to say Hilary Swank did put forward an amazing performance. I'm still bothered by her mouth, though. Something about it ... her teeth are too big. Anyway, I left the theatre with a million dollar question.

What did Clint Eastwood's character, Frankie Dunn, do to anger his daughter so much that she would return his weekly letters unopened? That was harsh. Loved Brian F. O'Byrne as the priest, Father Horvak. What can I say - I'm a sucker for a tall Irishman.

No comments:

Post a Comment