Friday, March 04, 2005

Deja Vu All Over Again

Remember last year when I was obsessing about the Ex? I was all bent out of shape because he hadn't been in contact with me - hadn't even acknowledged the birthday card I sent him. And I was ruminating about how he was just repeating the life he'd led with me, but without me.

Well, he's doing it again.

I still occasionally hack his email, and when I logged in the other day, I got a good chuckle. He had a confirmation form from a travel agency. Seems like he's going on a little trip in April. To Jamaica. A Sandals resort. In Negril. Same place where we went on our honeymoon.

I pity the new girlfriend. She's being forced to relive my life and she doesn't even know it. But it's all good - see, I saw how much the trip is costing him, and I gotta tell you, the 12 day cruise I'm taking at the end of the year costs less than his 7 days in the compound. Because that's what it is. When you go to these all inclusive resorts in Jamaica, you pretty much don't leave the compound because

a) there's no place else to go and
2) there's no way to get there

Enjoy the trip, dear Ex. And if you jump off the cliff at Rick's Cafe again, be sure to show me the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment