Thursday, March 03, 2005

Damn, They're Good!

Got a nice email message from my Honda dealer reminding me that my 20,000 mile service should be coming up:

Dear Kenna,

Following the recommended maintenance schedule for your 2003 CR-V is the best way to help ensure your vehicle's optimal performance. Properly maintaining your vehicle may also help maintain its resale value. The service department at City Honda is dedicated to providing quality service using Honda Genuine Parts.

We've determined that your mileage should now be approximately 19,468. So it's time for the following service on your 2003 CR-V:

20,000 Mile Honda Recommended Maintenance

Please call us to schedule a service appointment that's convenient for you. Our service department hours are Mon - Wed : 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM Thu - Fri : 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Sat : 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM By Appointment Only.

Sincerely,

Laura, John, Wayne, Gus, Geoff & George
Your Service Team

Okay, so here's the amazing thing - they were pretty darn accurate in approximating my mileage. I just came back from a 330 some odd mile trip yesterday, and my mileage is 19,977. Taking that into account, they guesstimated my mileage to within 200 miles. The amazing thing is that I don't have predictable patterns with my car. Since I walk to work, there can be days when I don't drive it at all. Weeks when the only usage I have is to drive back and forth to the gym and/or grocery store. And then there will be times, like yesterday, when I'll rack up anywhere from 300 to 500 miles.

Pretty damn amazing. Now you see why I'm such a faithful customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment