Wednesday, March 09, 2005

0-8

I'm trying to see it as a good thing. If I'm having such horrible luck here, then I'm bound to have good luck in other aspects of my life, right? Not that it's been a total loss - I posted a plea on the Company's electronic bulletin board, and earlier today an iPod-less person took pity on me and gave me his winning cap.

And here's a question - why does it cost more for less? The other day when I hit the vending machine, regular Diet Pepsi was sold out so I thought I'd opt for the caffeine free Diet Pepsi instead. But, no! Caffeine free Diet Pepsi costs $1.25 instead of $1.00. Can you believe it? Just like those low-carb menu items at chain restaurants - they charge more for less. I remember being at Friday's with some friends last summer and the bunless burger cost more than the regular burger. Uh, it's the same damn burger. So order the one with the bun and don't eat it already.

Americans. Paying more for less, the new national past-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment