Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Ripped From The Headlines

I really enjoy "Law & Order" - the original and all the spin-offs. The last few years I've gotten pretty lackadaisical about watching new episodes. I have the VCR set to tape every Wednesday, but I don't worry too much about whether or not I watch each new episode.

I have the television on now, tuned into L & O, and this week's storyline parallels the recent story of a judge who was threatened by a racist extremist. I'm really struck by the timing. What was it, just last week that that judge's husband and mother were murdered in Chicago?

The other noteworthy aspect of this is that Candice Bergen is playing the judge, and this isn't the first episode of L & O she's been on. Good addition to the cast, and I like that she's not a regular. It's fun to wonder when she'll show up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment